VISIT - Hondalea
The Lighthouse will open again in 2024.
The work can be visited free of charge and visits are conducted in small groups, to allow patrons to make the most of the experience. Visits are approximately 20 minutes long.
A valid reservation is required for visits. This has to be obtained on-line sufficiently in advance, and must be shown to Hondalea staff when requested.Access to Reservations
School visits and organised groups
Santa Klara Island and Hondalea are a precious setting for didactic and educational activity for organised groups, which must be carried out in keeping with the special nature of the environs.
To that end, pedagogic itineraries have been specially drawn up for different cycles within the school curricula, as well as for organised groups of all sorts.Activities designed for school and educational visits
Hondalea is located in the lighthouse on Santa Klara Island, in the middle of La Concha Bay. Given the singular nature of the space, certain norms must be adhered to during the visit and here is a list of recommendations for such visits:
- A valid reservation is required for access to Hondalea.
- Visitors must follow instructions from Hondalea staff at all times.
- Visitors are not allowed to take food or drink into Hondalea.
- Visitors are not allowed to smoke or vape in Hondalea.
- Cell phones and other sound-emitting devices must be set in silence mode.
- Within the confines of Hondalea, for the good of all, visitors must respect certain norms, such as keeping their voices down and not disturbing others.
- Out of respect for the work and fellow visitors, you are not allowed to move around within Hondalea shirtless or barefoot.
- Visitors are not allowed to take into the installation objects or substances that may pose a risk to the integrity of others or to the work.
- All movement within the confines Hondalea is restricted to the areas specially designed to that end.
- In the event of evacuation, visitors shall abandon the premises in an orderly fashion, in keeping with instructions being given to them by Hondalea staff.
- Reservations for visiting Hondalea can be cancelled in the event of inclement weather. Should that occur, visitors shall be duly informed via the means of communication initially used for making the reservation. If that happened, it will not be possible to change the reservation for another date, but a new reservation will have to be made.
- During the visit to the island, visitors must respect the local flora and fauna, and never veer off the paths and roads specially conditioned for visits.
- If visitors choose come to the island via tourist boat service, they are advised to embark at least half an hour prior to the beginning of the visit. Visitors can consult the “Motoras de la Isla” timetable, as well as prices and information regarding the length of the trip at: www.motorasdelaisla.com
- To get to Hondalea, visitors must proceed to the highest tip of the island via the cobblestone ways and natural paths (approximate time for ascent: 15 minutes). Visitors are therefore advised to come with comfortable clothes and suitable footwear.
- During the visit to Hondalea, visitors are advised to keep a close eye on all personal items and belongings. Should any such items fall within the confines of the artistic installation, they cannot be recovered immediately. In the event of objects falling, you must inform the person in charge of the installation.
Guided visits: conditions
- During 2023, guided visits will take place from July 1 to August 31.
- Guided visits will be offered in Euskera, Spanish, French and English.
- The price of a visit is 25 euros per person (VAT included)
- The duration of the guided visit will be approximately 2 hours. It will depart from the port of San Sebastián and will end at the dock on the Island of Santa Clara, being able to extend the stay on the island as long as desired and returning free of charge in any of the regular service motorboats (last departure at 8:00 p.m.).
- A maximum of 20 persons will be allowed on a guided visit
- A minimum of persons is required for a visit to take place. Visits shall be cancelled if there are few reservations and those persons will be fully reimbursed and informed as soon as possible of cancellation.
- Guided visits can be cancelled in the event of inclement weather. Should that occur, visitors will be duly informed and fully reimbursed. If that happened, it will not be possible to change the reservation for another date, but a new reservation will have to be made.
Estilos inline HONDALEA